Saturday, January 3, 2015

HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT TO A TERRIFIC RACE

I just returned from a 4-mile training run, and my main objective was to remain vertical and to return home without any bruises, chipped teeth, or broken bones.

You see, here in northeastern Pennsylvania we are in the middle of one of winter's worst weather woes: a sleet storm.

Roads are slick and treacherous. When negotiating turns, one must nearly come to a complete stop, Downhill running is nearly impossible, so we often go back-and forth on the same relatively flat road.

Later this week temperatures are predicted to remain in the teens.

In two weeks, on Saturday, January 17, however, I will lace up my sneakers and run through the historic city of Charleston, South Carolina, in the half marathon, as part of the Charleston Marathon weekend. My wife is signed up for the Shrimp and Grits 5K. You gotta love it for its name alone.

My daughter lives in Charleston, and it is one of the most beautiful, historic cities in the country. Restaurants are magnificent, and the people exemplify what Southern Hospitality is all about.

Temperatures at this time of year will be perfect for running, and the courses are flat, fast and scenic.

Join me at the pre-race dinner on Friday night, where I'll deliver two motivational speeches: 'Personal Best,' and 'Advice for Running in your 50s and 60s.' I will also have plenty of both of my books: Running Shorts, and Personal Best available to sign for you.

Hope to see you in Charleston in two weeks.

Miami speech-1Join us at our Pre-Race Dinner on Friday, January 16 to hear motivational running speaker Joe Muldowney speak on "Personal Best" at 5:30pm and "Advice for Running in Your 50's and 60's" at 6:30pm.  

To learn more about Joe and to purchase Pre-Race Dinner Tickets, click 
here.

No comments:

Post a Comment