Thursday, January 15, 2015

SEE YOU TOMORROW!

The Charleston Marathon, half marathon, and the Shrimp and Grits 5K (I love that name so much, chances are I'll be stealing my wife's race t-shirt), will be run on Saturday, beginning at 8:00 a.m., in the beautiful, historic city of Charleston, South Carolina.

Weather conditions are going to be just perfect for the race. It's "cool" here in South Carolina. We've been here all week, and as opposed to single-digit temperatures in Pennsylvania, we're loving the "cold" 40s and 50s we've experienced this week. Race day temperature is supposed to top out at 59 degrees, with some clouds. The temperature at the start should be in the 40s.

On Friday evening, from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m., a delicious pasta dinner will be held at the Burke Middle High School. At 5:30, I will deliver a speech entitled, 'Personal Best,' and at 6:30, my speech will be 'Advice for Running in your 50s and 60s, I will conduct a book signing during the pasta dinner as well.

The Courses are flat, fast, and scenic, and crowd support will be outstanding.

After the race, a huge post-race celebration will be held at Olde Village in North Charleston, featuring plenty of food, drinks, and entertainment.

I hope to see you at the Charleston events tomorrow and Saturday. Stop by and say hello. I'll be happy to personally sign a book for you, and talk about training and racing.

It promises to be a great weekend in Charleston. www.charlestonmarathon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment