Tuesday, December 30, 2014

TIME'S RUNNING OUT

If one of your New Year's resolutions is to run your personal best at the marathon distance, or if you'd like to get out of the cold and run a half marathon as a tune up for a future marathon, I have the race for you.

Give yourself some Valentine's Day love and run the 18th annual Myrtle Beach Marathon (Half Marathon, relay or 5K) on February 14. Check out: www.mbmarathon.com.

But time's running out.

When the ball drops in Times Square at midnight tomorrow night, discounted rates for the Myrtle Beach Marathon weekend races will expire. So register now.

You'll love the Myrtle Beach Marathon.

I ran the Myrtle Beach Half Marathon in 2012 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The course is flat, fast, out-and-back, and scenic.

The average high temperature for Myrtle Beach in February is 61 degrees, so morning temperatures are nearly perfect, and by the time you're ready to celebrate your personal best, the conditions will be pleasant.

You can find great deals on hotels in the Myrtle Beach area for race weekend. Unlike mega-races in the big cities, Southern hospitality prevails in Myrtle Beach, as hotel and condo owners don't gouge the runners.

And, let me tell you, I've vacationed in Myrtle Beach for 25 years, and I can attest to the Low Country food as being the best anywhere. I suggest trying the she-crab soup.

My wife and I are both signed up for the half marathon, and we hope to see you there.

So, get out of the snow and cold for a few days and run one of the most well-organized, fast and fun races around on Myrtle Beach Marathon weekend of February 14.

For more blogs, books and running advice, visit: www.muldowneyrunning.com




No comments:

Post a Comment