Friday, December 19, 2014

SOUTHERN CHARM



As we approach the Winter Solstice here in Pennsylvania, I'm already tired of looking at our official winter colors: brown and gray. The lyrics of a Jimmy Buffett song fill my head, "I wanna go where it's warm."

My running getaway running plans include a trip to one of my favorite cities: Charleston, South Carolina.

Charleston, South Carolina is one of the most beautiful, historic places in the country. The gorgeous southern city features terrific restaurants, friendly people, and fabulous weather...even in January.it is rich with history, and many historic buildings date back to the 1600s.

Charleston is a runner-friendly city. It hosts one of the largest races in the country, the Cooper River Bridge.

I plan to run the half marathon; while my wife will participate in the Shrimp and Grits 5K. (How great is that name!!)

We plan to reward ourselves after the race with some she crab soup as well as other low country menu items

Check out the Charleston Marathon weekend, January 16-17. http://www.charlestonmarathon.com

The weather will be perfect and the course is flat.


 Stop by the race Expo on Friday, January 16, where I plan to deliver two seminars.

 Hope to see you at the Charleston Marathon.

And remember to visit: www.muldowneyrunning.com for much more running stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment