Monday, February 23, 2015

CHANGING NEEDS

A week and a half ago, I spent a Friday afternoon with members of the Grand Strand Running Club of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, at their booth during the Myrtle Beach Marathon Expo. I met numerous runners, sold a few books, and tried to gauge what most runners are looking for when it comes to training advice and reading materials.

Runners' needs are fluid. One day we may be running our best times, then, a tweak of a muscle, an unexpected alteration in a schedule, or family obligations may derail a our plans in an instant.

That's precisely why, in my latest book, Personal Best,  I tried to construct a book that is instructive to runners of all ages and abilities, as well as addressing changing needs of every runner.

Personal Best took a tragic turn in April 2013, soon after I crossed the finish line at the Boston Marathon. I devoted my first chapter, entitled "Was That Thunder," to the events, and my experiences of that day. I guarantee you, it is worth the read, and it is my fervent hope that I was able to capture the emotions of that fateful day in a manner in which every runner can relate.

If you would like read an electronic version of Personal Best, it is available for only $2.99 at Amazon, Lulu, iBooks, Nook, and Kobo.

You can visit my website: www,muldowneyrunning.com, and I will personally sign and send a book to you. You can go to Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or Lulu, to purchase running books that will positively influence your future running efforts.

Check my Amazon Author page to read what runners have to say about my books.
amazon.com/author/joemuldowney

And, it doesn't end there!

Read the books and stay in touch. email me here, look me up on Facebook at: Joe Muldowney Running, or on Twitter at: rdrunnr00. Tell me about your running, ask me questions, discuss training or injury issues.

I love this sport, and I love runners.

Let's cross the finish line together.




No comments:

Post a Comment