Tuesday, December 4, 2012

TIME TO VISIT THE DOCTOR

Throughout my 36-year career, I have always been a social runner. I thoroughly enjoy training with other runners of all ages and abilities. Part of the mental aspect of running is exchanging stories, sharing training tips, and pushing each other to faster times.

Today, runners not only have their running partners, but they have the ability to share their workouts with others through social media.

A few months ago, a colleague told me about a Facebook page, entitled, Running for the Health of It With the Workout Doctor.

Troy Leatherbury, a personal trainer, has put together a fun page, on which members can join teams (I'm on the Pink team), post their workouts, and receive points for their teams. Troy sometimes offers challenges, such as push-up competitions, running streaks, and other team competitions.

This group is free to join, the challenges are just for fun, and the folks on the page are great people, who are simply interested in good health and fitness.

Recently, I donated copies of my book, "Running Shorts: A Collection of Stories and Advice for Anyone Who Has Ever Laced Up a Pair of Running Shoes," as an incentive for great achievements. The first winner of a book, Ken Shapiro, from Arizona, recently wrote these kind words:

Ken Shapiro 8:10pm Dec 2
Just finished Joe Muldowney's book "Running Shorts" I absolutely loved it and highly recommend it to all! Holidays are coming, what a great gift for all your running friends. I related so much to the stories, I found myself smiling and nodding my head throughout the book! Enjoyed it! Thanks again Joe.

On Troy's website, www.workoutdr.com, he now included a 'Running' tab that will be devoted exclusively to the running community.

I highly recommend Troy Leatherbury's Facebook page and his website. He is encouraging and he is a motivator. He is truly interested in promoting exercise and good health. You will enjoy the camaraderie and the advice that you will find within this group.

www.runningshortsbook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment