Monday, December 17, 2012

THERE'S STILL TIME!

Since I began my long distance running career, I have logged over 125,000 miles on the roads, trails, and tracks. I still enjoy training, but more than that, I look forward to the camaradarie, the fellowship, and support I receive from my training partners.

Over the years I have forged permanent friendships, enjoyed intense rivalries, and met folks from around the country and around the world. Our bond is our love of this sport.

So, I simply decided to put into writing my tales from the road, some of the people who have influenced me over the course of 36 years, favorite races, some practical advice, and a sprinkling of running history and lore. If you're a runner, or there's a runner on your Christmas list, I'm gonna guarantee you'll love this book.

I could ask my relatives to tell you how great the book, "Running Shorts: A Collection of Stories and Advice for Anyone Who Has Ever Laced Up a Pair of Running Shoes," is, but I think a few testimonials from runners around the country might be a little more convincing. And, if you order from my website, www.runningshortsbook.com, by Thursday, I'll get a signed copy to you by Christmas Day. I'll throw in a free, women's "Each Day is My Personal Best" T-Shirt, absolutely free, AND I'll pay the postage. Have a great Holiday season. Don't forget to read the chapter (Mile) entitled, 'Running Log,' to get a great start for 2013!

By Joe Schuster, Santa Barbara, CA

Humorous, poignant, a very enjoyable read for the competitive runner to the casual jogger.
                             
  • By Pamela McCutcheon, Orwigsburg, PA 
                       
    I just read Running Shorts and loved it. There were actually parts that make you laugh and cry. I am not a runner myself but it is very interesting to learn about the training, the various races, and the amount of time and hard work it takes to be a long distance runner. I also enjoyed the history of the areas where the marathons and races took place. The book is inspirational and it really makes you want to go out and give running a try no matter what age you are. Definitely a good read.
  • By Mike Dicello
                                                          
    Great Book! It is a must read if you are a longtime runner or just starting to run.
  •  Joe has a book out titled "Running Shorts". This is a different read than a lot of books- each chapter is a "mile". The book contains practical advice, running history and philosophy, and stories and anecdotes such as you would find in a Dale Carnegie book.

  •  
    Darlene Harris, Mansfield, PA
  • Ken Shapiro, Phoenix, AZ8:10pm Dec 2
    Just finished Joe Muldowney's book "Running Shorts" I absolutely loved it and highly recommend it to all! Holidays are coming, what a great gift for all your running friends. I related so much to the stories, I found myself smiling and nodding my head throughout the book! Enjoyed it! Thanks again Joe.



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment