Tuesday, April 26, 2016

HE'S DONE IT AGAIN!

The world's greatest athlete has done it again.


On Sunday, at the Waterloo, Ontario Half Marathon, Canadian phenom, 85-year old Ed Whitlock, destroyed another world record. Whitlock crushed the 13.1 mile course in 1:50:47, that's an 8:27 per mile pace, destroying the previous age group record for 85-year olds by 9:17


Currently, and this number is certain to rise, as Ed Whitlock relishes the fact that he's a year older with another age group to dominate, he holds more than 80 age group world records at distances from 1500 meters to the marathon.


Last Thanksgiving Day, at Berwick's Run for the Diamonds, I had the honor of meeting Ed Whitlock. The man ranks as one of the most gracious individuals I have ever met. We discussed training, injuries, and our love of running.


In November I wrote a blog about my thrill of meeting this living legend.


The next day I received an email from Mr. Whitlock thanking me for writing about him.


The way I see it, Ed Whitlock has many more records to break and several more age groups to dominate.




No comments:

Post a Comment