Monday, June 30, 2014

HALF TIME

June 30 has come and gone, and we have reached the halfway point of the year.

If you have read some of my previous blogs, you know I'm a great advocate of running record-keeping. I have always relied heavily on keeping a running log, as a means of tracking my progress and comparing my workouts. My running logbooks, which I have kept for 38 years, are as essential to me as a good pair of running shoes.

As we reach the mid-point of the calendar year it is a perfect time to examine our running logs,
computer files, and records of the last six months and perform an analysis of our training.

Look at your training and racing, and ask yourself some of these questions.

Am I running enough miles?

Am I turning in a weekly long run?

Is my long run a 'quality' run, or am I running slow, empty miles?

How about a weekly speed workout?

Am I racing too much?

Am I racing too little?

Have I been slowed due to injury?

If so, what adjustments have I made?

How do I avoid being injured in the future?

And, as we enter the second half of the year, assess and redefine your goals.

Your best running days are ahead of you.

Let them begin as we enter the second half of 2014.

                                                            Logbook and Entries-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment