Wednesday, March 25, 2015

SPRING TRAINING MANUAL


Spring has arrived, and it's time refine our goals for the new racing season.

How are you going to improve your running and racing this year?

Have you figured how you're going to remain vertical on the tightrope without falling off?

That is, how you're going to run your fastest times without getting injured?

Or, perhaps you're coming back from an injury and you need some inspiration.

Believe me, I've been there, so I feel your pain.

Here's a guarantee I'll make to you.

If you want to receive some great running advice and tips on training, an electronic version of my latest book, Personal Best, will cost you less than a popular running magazine, without the advertisements!

My first book, Running Shorts: A Collection of Stories and Advice for Anyone Who Has Ever Laced Up a Pair of Running Shoes, published in 2011, is a compilation of my experiences as competitive runner for 39 years, but many of these tales reflect experiences YOU have had during your years as a runner. As one of the Amazon reviewers stated, "It will make you laugh and it will make you cry."

Traveling the country, promoting my first book, prompted me to write, Personal Best, my second book, published in September 2014.

Runners told me what they wanted in a running book, and I tried to respond by writing a book that is instructive to runners of all ages and abilities.

Personal Best took a tragic turn in April 2013, soon after I crossed the finish line at the Boston Marathon. I devoted my first chapter, entitled "Was That Thunder," to the events, and my experiences of that day. I guarantee you, it is worth the read, and it is my fervent hope that I was able to capture the emotions of that fateful day in a manner in which every runner can relate.

If you would like read an electronic version of Personal Best, it is available for only $2.99 at Amazon, Lulu, iBooks, Nook, and Kobo.

You can visit my website: www,muldowneyrunning.com, and I will personally sign and send a book to you. Currently, both books are on sale for $11.99, plus shipping and handling. You can also go to Amazon, Barnes and Noble, to purchase running books that will positively influence your future running efforts.

And, it doesn't end there!

Read the books and stay in touch. email me here, look me up on Facebook at: Joe Muldowney Running, or on Twitter at: rdrunnr00. Tell me about your running, ask me questions, discuss training or injury issues.

I love this sport, and I love runners.

If one word of what you read in this blog or in one of my books makes you a better runner, or makes you feel better about running,then I feel I've paid it forward, and that's as satisfying as winning any race.

amazon.com/author/joemuldowney


No comments:

Post a Comment