Sunday, December 22, 2013

WHAT??

Two weeks ago, I stood in front of my seat at Lincoln Financial Field, in Philadelphia, as a blizzard raged, depositing six inches of snow on the field, qualifying as the most interesting NFL football game I've ever witnesses. The game was tremendous. The four-hour drive, that normally takes two hours, was not.

Last weekend, six more inches of snow fell on northeastern Pennsylvania, and, the icing on the snow cake was just that, a coating of ice, just to add to the treachery. Saturday's run was conducted at a snail's pace.

On Tuesday, another inch of snow coated the ground.

"We won't get out from under this snow until April," someone lamented to me this week.

Yesterday, on the first official day of winter, temperatures hit 50 degrees around here. I was happy to wear shorts for our annual Christmas training run.

When I woke up this morning, I was greeted to a Summer Wonderland!

The snow was gone.

At 10:00 a.m., as I met my friend, Eric Anchorstar for a 4-mile run, the temperature had reached 60 degrees. It topped out at 64 degrees later in the afternoon. It was delightful!

I power washed the deck, tucked away the snow plow (at least for a while), and did some of that outdoor stuff I wouldn't normally do until March.

But, to top it off, I went Christmas shopping...in shorts!!!

Hey, they have Christmas in July, so why not have July at Christmas.

I'm lovin' winter...so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment