Tuesday, December 17, 2013

NO MAS!

A few more inches of snow greeted us in eastern Pennsylvania this morning. Roads are slushy and narrow, darkness fell at 4:45 p.m., hidden patches of ice lurk beneath the snow. It's dark, dank, and dreary.

On Saturday, the main objective of the run was to remain vertical, as roads were snow-covered and slick: the result of a half foot of snow. Sunday, folks dug out, and roads were passable. On Monday, temperatures hovered in the '20s.

It's not even winter yet!!

Today, the elements beat me.

I caved in under the weight of the elements, and resolved to live to fight another day.

Tomorrow, I'll run again.

For now, I'll listen to Christmas music, open a bottle of red wine, kick back, and read the newspaper, delivered by my very special valet.

Be safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment