Tuesday, December 10, 2013

FILL THAT STOCKING

I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it.

Since 1976 I have been a long distance runner. My over 120,000 miles on the roads could have taken me around the world over four times.

Back in 1983, I was fortunate enough to turn in a time of 2:22:54, at the Boston Marathon. This year, thirty years later, at age 59, I managed to record a time of 3:04:26 at the greatest marathon on the planet, the Boston Marathon.

If my experiences on the road, both good and bad, can entertain, or assist a fellow runner in his or her training, I am happy. It's part of the "Pay it forward" I spoke of in a recent blog.

My book is just that. "Running Shorts: A Collection of Stories and Advice for Anyone Who Has Ever Laced Up a Pair of Running Shoes," www.runningshortsbook.com is a book about lasting bond runners create between one and other. It is a book about the exhilaration and the frustration all of us, as runners, experience. I offer some advice. There are stories that will make you laugh and stories that will make you cry. It is light and entertaining, and is a perfect, inexpensive Christmas gift for the runner in your life.

But, of course I would say those things.

 One can purchase the book on my Running Shorts website, where I am running a Christmas special. From there, I can personally sign a book for you. It is also available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and from Lulu.com.

Following are reviews from purchasers of my book at Lulu.com:

By Mike Dicello
                                                        
Great Book! It is a must read if you are a longtime runner or just starting to run.
 
 
By Pamela McCutcheon
                                                       
I just read Running Shorts and loved it. There were actually parts that make you laugh and cry. I am not a runner myself but it is very interesting to learn about the training, the various races, and the amount of time and hard work it takes to be a long distance runner. I also enjoyed the history of the areas where the marathons and races took place. The book is inspirational and it really makes you want to go out and give running a try no matter what age you are. Definitely a good read.
 
 Pam McCutcheon
 
 
By Joe Schuster
                                                        
Humorous, poignant, a very enjoyable read for the competitive runner to the casual jogger.
 
By damon brossman
                                                        
This book was very inspiring to me as a runner. It has a humor to it but also has some parts that hit your soft side. It is packed with great information to assist with your training and it also motivates you to go out and purchase a new pair of running shoes and hit the road. I couldnt put the book down when I started reading, as I usually hate reading books. Looking forward to another running book from Joe Muldowney?!!
 
So, go to my "Running Shorts" site, use your Paypal, and I'll send a signed copy to you the very next day. Your cost is only $11.00. I'll pay the shipping. Oh, and I have a couple of Women's Small T-shirts left. Let me know if you want one and I'll throw in a T-shirt for free.
 
Happy Holidays to all!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment