Friday, February 8, 2013

TECH DORK!

Last week, for Groundhog Day, I decided to run a sale on my book, "Running Shorts: A Collection of Stories and Advice for Anyone Who has Ever Laced Up a Pair of Running Shoes." www.runningshortsbook.com.

Quite a few runners who attended my seminars at the Louisiana and Miami Marathons, (I will deliver seminars at the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach in March) corresponded with me, offering kind words and praise for the book.

I truly believe, on these cold winter days, reading the stories in my book will make you laugh, and the advice will make you a better runner. For example, by reading the book, you will learn the definition of the word, "snurch," as well as proper snurch etiquette.

After ordering a quantity of books from my publisher, I was ready for the book-buying frenzy!

But, like the nerd awaiting the kiss from the prom queen, it never came.

Luckily, I received an email yesterday from a runner informing me that when he attempted to purchase the book, an error message came up.

Clearly, I am a tech dork!

In an effort to properly place the sale advertisement on the site, I messed something up, thus negating any opportunity for anyone to purchase the book on my website. Some salesman, eh?

So I immediately contacted the webmaster (my wife). She fixed the site two minutes, AND asked me if I wanted cheese and crackers!

Anyhow, if you DID try to purchase the book (and I hope hundreds of you did!) my apologies for my 'last century' web knowledge.

The Groundhog Sale is still on. We are eating our left over groundhog stew. (Lest you think we in northeast PA are complete bumpkins, I'm only kidding) The storm has arrived. My 7 miler is in, the house is fully stocked...with beer and wine.

Stay warm, healthy, and safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment