Wednesday, April 15, 2015

BACK ON TRACK

After a long, cold, dreadful winter, I finally made it back to the track today, with a good friend, and one of the people featured in the chapter entitled, 'Extraordinary,' in my latest book, Personal Best, www.muldowneyrunning.com, Father Christopher Zelonis.

Father Zelonis is a Roman Catholic priest who displays as much zeal in his running workouts as he does in his ministry.

Today, we ran a set of 4x800 meters, with a 400 meter jog in between. I say "we," when in fact, he was way ahead of me, so to be more accurate, I "attended" a track workout with him.

There's nothing like speed work. It builds not only speed, but endurance, and mental toughness as well.

Now that spring is here, you should "religiously," (sorry, I couldn't help myself) make it a point to turn in a speed workout on a weekly basis.

Your speed workouts will pay big dividends in your future races.


No comments:

Post a Comment