Friday, January 6, 2017

DKM

Today, the Irish punk rock group, Dropkick Murphys, released their new album, entitled, "11 Short Stories of Pain and Glory."

It is already downloaded on my running power playlist.

Dropkick Murphys is all Boston, and for runners, DKM is all in.

One of the songs on the new album is, "4-15-13," written in honor of the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing.

Dropkick Murphys is not a group of loudmouth, spoiled entertainers. After the bombings, the group sold t-shirts, and gave 100% of the proceeds to victims of the bombings and their families.

On 4-15-13, I finished my 16th Boston Marathon. I wrote the account of that day in my book, "Personal Best," amazon.com/author/joemuldowney , in chapter entitled, 'Was That Thunder?'

We witnessed terror up close and personal, and the day is indelibly forever etched in my mind.

Three weeks later, at a Dropkick Murphys concert in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, DKM lead singer, Ken Casey spotted my Boston Matathon yellow shirt, asked me if I was ok, and we embraced.

This is a special group of entertainers who give back to the community.

For Boston!


No comments:

Post a Comment