Tuesday, May 3, 2016

LIGHT UP YOUR LIFE



Over the past few months, I have read about too many runners who have been fatally injured by motor vehicles. Sadly, most of these tragedies have occurred when visibility is poor.

Just last week, a respected school superintendent from New Jersey was hit by a vehicle and killed, as he ran with his dog, at 6:15 a.m., just one mile from his school.

More then ever, it is imperative that runners increase their visibility, as distracted drivers dominate our roadways.

Most of my running occurs during daylight hours, but when I am forced to run early in the morning, or after dark, I don my reflective gear, which includes vests, hats, armbands, and shoes, as well as brightly colored clothing.

My small northeastern city is riddled with potholes, which sometimes resemble the lunar surface, so in addition to remaining visible to large vehicles, I am concerned about my footing during the hours of darkness.

As an additional precaution, I'm running with a headlamp, the Foxelli MX 500, www.foxelli.com and I love it.

Check out the details below.




No comments:

Post a Comment