Monday, August 25, 2014

TRANSITION

Today was the best first day of school in my entire life.

After 30 years as a classroom teacher, I decided to retire in June, and today marked the first official day of my retirement.

The weather was beautiful and I was able to crank out a hard, hilly 7-miler.

In the afternoon I held the first meeting of my cross country team at Penn State Schuylkill campus, where I have coached for the past seven years. Tomorrow is our first practice.

Then, this evening, I put the finishing touches on my second book about running, entitled, "Personal Best," which will be published sometime in September. Much more about that later.

The only bad thing about retirement is that you have to be old to do it, but, so far I'm loving the transition to my new life.



No comments:

Post a Comment