Sunday, February 16, 2014

GIVE US BOTH SOMETHING TO DO

As we continue to remain snowbound here in northeastern Pennsylvania, I begin the day debating on whether or not to subject myself to a painfully boring treadmill session, or to brave the icy, slushy, snow narrowed roads of Pottsville.

So far, since the incessant snow has gripped us since this past Wednesday, I have painted my living room, filled several trash bags with junk that has collected in drawers, closets, and storage spaces, and spent many more hours plowing and shoveling than I have spent running.

Today is a day of rest. Other than my run, I intend to read, write, and relax

Tomorrow evening, I am scheduled to speak to a church group that has encouraged its members to begin a running program. Now, there's a winning combination, as I truly believe there is a spiritual component to running.

Late last week, I read that 49 of the 50 states experienced some snowfall, so chances are you may be as "winter stir crazy" as I am.

I suggest you give us both something to do.

I'll be happy to pack up a great book, entitled, "Running Shorts: A Collection of Stories and Advice for Anyone Who Has Ever Laced Up a Pair of Running Shoes," for you, at the low price of $11.00 at: www.runningshortsbook.com. I'll fire up my Paypal postage label, and get it in the mail to you tomorrow, then all you have to do is read it. Oh, I'll sign it, postage for you is free, AND, I still have one women's T-shirt, size Small, a Men's XL T-shirt, and 1 glow arm band, perfect for these dark winter days. Email me your preference, and I'll throw one in for free.

Help me out here, I need something to do!!

Last month, I clicked on Amazon, and I saw a review of my book. Here it is:


5.0 out of 5 stars Something for every runner, January 9, 2014
This review is from: Running Shorts: A Collection Of Stories And Advice For Anyone Who Has Ever Laced Up A Pair Of Running Shoes (Paperback)
Joe Muldowney is an accomplished runner and writer and the combination of the two makes for a good book-- "Running Shorts" has something for runners of every level.
I liked the fact that Muldowney's wit comes through throughout the book-- it's been a while since I've read humor in a running book, and this had me laughing out loud a couple of times at his anecdotes.
The book also combines useful training tips, and observations from his long running, racing and coaching experiences that can immediately benefit new runners. It also has plenty of insights of value for experienced runners and racers.
The short chapter format keeps your interest. If for example, some of the local running people or places mentioned aren't of interest, most runners will be interested in the universal and personal running experiences that the author describes so well.
I thank John for this review. I think it's a pretty good book, and I hope you will too.
Besides, we all need something to do during this long, cold winter.





4 comments:

  1. Happy you believe in the spiritual component of running. You find the calmness, the fearlessness, and the compassion for what lies ahead. As well as forgiveness. Good luck with your speaking engagement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqueline. I believe in all the things you listed. Running, I believe, for all of us, is a spiritual journey.

      Good luck to you.

      Delete
  2. Would like to read your book, but long ago abandoned the tree-killing and huge carbon footprinting associated with paper publishing. If you ever enter a paperless world, both of us will have something to do. Until then, enjoy the winter of your discontent. You and those like you, continue to make it all possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello:

      The ebook is available at: www.lulu.com.
      Hang in there. Spring is on the way!

      Joe

      Delete