Thursday, January 31, 2013

THAT SPECIAL PERSON...ON THAT SPECIAL DAY

It's just right around the corner.

That special day.

Dont' forget to give the one you care about a token of your admiration as the day of love and hope approaches.

Yes...IT'S ALMOST GROUNDHOG DAY!

On Saturday, three hours west of my home, in the small town of Punxsutawny, the overweight rodent will make his annual 'prediction,' which is rarely accurate, telling us how many more weeks of winter we will be forced to endure.

Personally, I can't think of a better way to spend the last few weeks of winter than reading some entertaining stories, and receiving advice from a veteran of 52 marathons, 48 of them under 3 hours, and 12 under 2:30, and who has logged over 120,000 miles in his running career.

My stories are yours, as you read about black toenails and bloody nipples.

Who doesn't like a good car chase?

Buy my book and you'll read about a real life car chase that nearly resulted in the demise of this marathoner at the hands of a bunch of redneck drunkards.

"The world's Greatest Athlete," Jim Thorpe, is inexplicably buried here in Pennsylvania. You'll learn why by reading, "Running Shorts: A Collection of Stories and Advice for Anyone Who Has Ever Laced Up a Pair of Running Shoes." www.runningshortsbook.com.

You'll love the 'Cast of Characters,' runners of all ages and ability levels, who have accompanied me on my running journey over the years.

The chapter, 'Diet Book,' guides you through a tongue-in-cheek journey through the world of weight
loss.

Throughout my 36-year career, I have experienced many highs and lows. In my book I offer advice that will make you a better runner, based on what has worked for me, and what has not.

So, for that favorite runner on your Grounghog Day list, (even if it's you!) go to www.runningshortsbook.com and order Running Shorts. I'll sign it for you, and throw in a free, "Each Day is My Personal Best" women's T-Shirt. I'll even pick up the shipping and handling.

But, it doesn't stop there!! (Imagine a loud infomercial voice)

Buy the book and you will receive free 'tech' support. Message me on Facebook (Running Shorts page), follow me on Twitter (rdrunnr00), or email me at: runningshorts09@gmail.com, and I'll offer my help to you in the areas of training, racing, or injuries.

Happy Groundhog Day to all!

Punxsutawny Phil 'predicts you'll love the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment