Sunday, November 11, 2012

Time to Taper

Utilizing a beautiful, late-fall morning, I ran my final longer run in preparation for next Sunday's Philadelphia Marathon.

With my two most dedicated training partners, both former Olympic Trials participants, Randy and Lisa Haas, I covered a rolling 10-mile course in 71:40, turning in negative splits for the final five miles. We went out in 36:00 and came back in 35:40.

I felt strong all the way through the run, and think I am ready for the marathon. I'll taper for the rest of the week. Then, at the Expo on Saturday, I will conduct a seminar, entitled, "Running into your sixties," beginning at 11:00 a.m. Stop by and say hello if you are running one of the Philly races. Although I won't be selling copies of my book at the seminar, there is a great Holiday deal on my website now.

Hoping for good weather on race day.

Joe
www.runningshortsbook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment