Sunday, November 18, 2012

PHILADELPHIA MARATHON

It was a great weekend in Philadelphia. on Saturday I conducted a seminar, entitled, "Advice for Running into Your 60s," which was attended by over 50 people. It was fun to be able to pass along some advice from my 36-year running career to others, who are dedicated to this sport. Thanks to the runners who ourchased my book.

Today, under perfect weather conditions, I clocked a 3:05:49 at the Philadelphia Marathon. I'm pleased, but not satisfied. A few more long runs, and I plan to assault the 3 hour barrier, at the 2013 Boston Marathon.

The Philadelphia Marathon is a terrific race. The mayor, Michael Nutter, is very supportive of the race. He is on hand to 'high five' many of the runners as they finish. The course is fast, and the crowd support, in my estimation, is second only to Boston. I would highly recommend this race.

Now it's time to relax and heal. I'm doing so right now with a cold Yuengling Black and Tan.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

www.runningshortsbook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment