Monday, November 12, 2012

EXPO and RACE

Today I began my taper for the Philadelphia Marathon. We had a gorgeous November day in PA, 63-degrees and sunny. After a good 10-miler yesterday, I ran 4 miles today, in 29:25. 5 and 4 milers for the rest of the week. 3 on Friday, 2 on Saturday.

Weather looks good for the race. 50s for a high.

On Saturday, I will conduct a seminar at the Philadelphia Marathon Expo, entitled, "Running into your 60s," beginning at 11:00 a.m. After the seminar, I'll be signing copies of my book: "Running Shorts: A Collection of Stories and Advice for Anyone Who Has Ever Laced Up a Pair of Running Shoes." Stop by and say hello. I promise the seminar will be both informative and entertaining, and I'll be happy to sign a book for you.

Philly is a terrific marathon: fast course and fabulous crowd support. For spectators, there are several vantage points.

On Friday evening, my wife and I are going to a great, local seafood restaurant in South Philly, called Snockey's. The food is great, and the staff is friendly. On Saturday, we're headed to the Italian Market area, where we'll have an Italian dinner, with my daughter and her boyfriend, both of whom are running the marathon.

For Sunday, I'm going to take another crack at the 3-hour barrier, which was able to break in 2010, turning in a time of 2:58:56. Not sure if that is possible on, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Good luck to all who are running the Philly races over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment