Sunday, May 25, 2014

MEMORIAL DAY

Tomorrow I'll probably sleep in, drink my coffee on the deck, relax with my wife and the dogs, go for a run, work in the garden, and do some grilling.

I do so because my freedom to do so has been guaranteed by the brave men and whom we all honor tomorrow. For the families of those who have paid the ultimate price, our debt to you can never be repaid. To those, past and present who serve or have served, thank you for sacrificing so we all can be free.

Memorial Day 2014 marks the 7th anniversary of my dad's passing. He served proudly in the Army Air Corps during World War, surviving the German Blitzkrieg of London. He and members of the Greatest Generation saved the world, then came home and built a new one.
Thanks, and Happy Memorial Day to all.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, we absolutely owe a debt that can never be repaid to those serving and those that have passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Richard. You are right, we can never repay what these brave men and women have sacrificed for us.

    ReplyDelete