Wednesday, October 2, 2013

BONUS

Shorts, shirt, socks, and shoes.

My wardrobe for the first two days of October has been very July-like, and I love it.

Here in northeastern Pennsylvania, temperatures for early October average in the low 60s, but, for the past two weeks, we have been treated to warm, dry afternoons, and pleasantly crisp mornings.

Essentially, the inevitable cold days have been postponed for a while, and, hopefully, pleasant autumnal weather will remain in place until Thanksgiving. Until then, I'm thoroughly enjoying not cranking up the heat in my home. In fact, as I write, the windows are open and the crickets are quite symphonic outside.

Fall marathons are lining up, and for those events, at least on marathon morning, we are hoping for cool temperatures.

This weekend I will be delivering two seminars at the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota. Be sure to stop by, say hello, take in the seminar, and check out my book, "Running Shorts." I'll be happy to sign copies after the seminars.

A cold front is supposed to cross Minnesota on Friday, dropping temperatures into the 50s for Sunday's marathon. I'm looking forward to visiting the Twin Cities, and meeting some of the great people of the region.

Enjoy these bonus days while they last. The long, cold, dark days can't be far behind.


No comments:

Post a Comment