Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A BLOG OF NOTE!

Father Christopher Zelonis is a Roman Catholic priest, a runner and a blogger.

If you ask me, that's a pretty good trifecta!

On Saturday, I was humbled and honored to read his blog, which I have featured below.

 http://shipwrackharvest.blogspot.com/2013/04/running-shorts-worth-wear.html

Father Chris' blog truly captured the essence of my book, www.runningshortsbook.com. It makes me happy that he, and many other runners, have provided positive feedback about the book. In my 36-year running career, I have been fortunate to achieve some success, but my greatest pleasure has been the friends I have made along the way. Today, through my writing, coaching, and motivational speaking appearances, I thoroughly enjoy offering advice to others in order to assist them in achieving their running goals.

If you haven't read my book, I hope you will. It is available on my site, at Amazon, Barnes and Noble.com, as well as at Lulu.com, and in many fine running stores.

Also, please take some time to read Father Chris Zelonis' blogs. They are beautifully written, and are quite inspiring.

As I prepare for my 16th Boston Marathon appearance next Monday, I ask for Father Chris' prayers. I am hoping that his request for Divine Intervention will assist me in dragging this old body up Heartbreak Hill and across the finish line in Coplay Square.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers assured, Joe, with special remembrance at the Altar on Monday. And thanks for the kind word and whatever blog traffic it may stir up. At this time, I am prowling around looking for a marathon to run. It would be my first, even though I have run the half, non-competitively, dozens of times. I guess you can say I've been bit by the bug, and "Running Shorts" lowered my immunity!

    ReplyDelete